The Croc Dundee Trail - 3 Day Kakadu Highlights
From AUD $695.00
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Product code: 3KH
Group size: 9-16 passengers | Accommodation: Twin Share Camping.
2018 ITINERARY | APRIL to | 3 DAYS | $AUD695
Includes All park fees, Camping, Cruises and Meals as listed.
- 6:45 am pick up from your Darwin accommodation.
- Travel across the Marrakai floodplains of the Adelaide River and towards Kakadu
- After a brief stop at The Bark Hut Inn we make our way towards Ubirr.
- View ancient Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr.
- Take in spectacular scenery as we climb atop the rocky outcrop for majestic views of the Arnhemland sandstone plateau.
- Join the Guluyambi Cultural cruise on the East Alligator River to gain an amazing insight into local customs and dream-time stories from the local Indigenous Guide.
- We may even see a few Crocodiles!
- Travel to our overnight campsite.
Day 2 - Kakadu (BLD)
- This morning we visit Burrunguy (Nourlangie Rock) to view more ancient rock art.
- Making our way toward the southern region of the Park. En-route,we make a brief stop near Yellow Waters billabong to visit the Warradjan Cultural Centre.
- Arriving at Gunlom mid afternoon and hike to the top of the falls for a swim in the renowned ‘Infinity’ pool and watch another breathtaking sunset.
- A quick scramble back down the ridge before it gets too dark and enjoy another hearty meal.
Day 3 - Kakadu to Darwin (BL)
- Up early, we don’t want to miss out.
- After breaking camp, enjoy a refreshing swim in the Gunlom plunge pool before setting off to visit one our favourite waterfalls, Maguk (Barramundi Gorge).
- Nestled amongst the sandstone escarpment at the end of a paperbark lined creek the rock pools above and the plunge pool below the falls provide a refreshing swim option.
- Travel back to Darwin along the old Darwin road and return you to your Darwin accommodation between 6 and 7pm.
- Showers and Toilets available at each Campground.
- Itinerary may be done in reverse at Guides discretion.
- Itineraries is subject to change without notice due to seasonal and extreme weather conditions, national park road or attraction closures and cultural commitments from Traditional owners.
- All tours must be reconfirmed 24 hrs prior to travel.
- Minimum numbers required before departure guaranteed.