1 Day Jim Jim & Twin Falls
- Duration: 10 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Winnellie, NT
- Product code: JJT1
Note: This tour is for self drive vistors already in Kakadu.
Pick up is at the intersection of the Kakadu Highway and the Jim JIm Falls road. Park your vehicle in the small turnaround area at the start of the road and let us tackle the dusty, bumpy dirt road in our modern tour vehicle.
Our journey takes us on an adventurous four-wheel drive track towards Twin Falls crossing the treacherous Jim Jim creek enroute. A short boat trip and walk along the edge of the gorge lead us into Twin Falls. Relax on the sandy beach and admire the peace & tranquility of this beautiful place. (Sorry, NO Swimming here - too many Crocs).
On return from Twin Falls, we have a picninc lunch in the shade near the creek crossing.
Another short drive and 1km walk scrambling over large boulders is rewarded with a refreshing swim in the cool plunge pool of Jim Jim Falls. Note- late in season these falls will not be flowing but the massive 200m high cliff faces and a swim in the plunge pool is well worth the effort.
Return late afternoon to your car.
- Access to Jim Jim Falls and Twin Falls is at the discretion of Parks Australia.
- Should Jim Jim Falls and/or Twin Falls be closed due to seasonal or cultural conditions, alternative touring will take place.
- The walks on this day tour are challenging, they rate from moderate to difficult, a good level of agility, balance and fitness are required to climb over rocks, which can be slippery with water and sand and have uneven surfaces.
- This tour is not suitable for families with children under 7 years of age (Private Charters available).
- Pick up from Jabiru or Cooinda is not available, you must make your way to the start of the Jim Jim Falls Road.
- Valid Park entry pass is required - you will be asked to show before departing - No refund provided if you do not have valid pass.